Be the best You can be
Mixed Martial Arts Instruction
We are Taichung’s premier martial arts academy, and proud to be the FIRST professionally instructed MMA academy in Taichung founded in 2017.
We offer MMA classes in English and Chinese for students of all ages and levels.
MIXED MARTIAL ARTS (MMA) – Age 13 and Over
The fastest growing, most exciting sport in the world.
Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) is one of the fastest growing sports in the world and The Bear’s Den instructors have experience in MMA since it all began in Taiwan!
Head Coach Demitri “Narouque” Telfair, who is an undefeated professional MMA fighter and referee, started The Bear’s Den BJJ & MMA to open the first professionally qualified MMA academy in central Taiwan. Demitri has impacted the industry standards of MMA training and competition nationally for many years. If you want to train with some of the best coaches and fighters in Taiwan, you couldn’t make a better decision than to train at The Bear’s Den BJJ & MMA!
Whether you’ve never taken a mixed martial arts class before or gone through the belt ranks, our expert instructors are committed to helping you exceed your fitness and martial arts goals with each and every class! In MMA you’ll have a great time learning fascinating techniques from Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling and a host of other martial arts every MMA practitioner should know!
With each new class your excitement builds as you begin to master the precision techniques mixed martial artists possess. And while you’re learning the skills that could also save your life, you’ll enjoy dozens of extra benefits such as physical and mental strength, body awareness, and added health benefits.
- Get in the best shape of your life
- Learn to fluidly connect the arts of striking, wrestling and grappling.
- Learn effective self-defence
- Relieve Stress
- Overview of various techniques involved in striking, wrestling and grappling.
- Moderate to high intensity training sessions catered to the students ability.
- Opportunity for competition.
Professional MMA Coach
Demitri Telfair is the founder and head coach of the Bear’s Den BJJ & MMA in Taichung City, Taiwan.
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt
- 5-0 professional MMA record
- Ranked #73 in the world at purple belt in 2017
- IBJJF Asian Open Gold Medalist, 2-time IBJJF Asian Open Silver Medalist, 2-time IBJJF Asian Open Bronze Medalist
- 4-time Pan Asian BJJ Champion
- 7-time Taiwan International BJJ Champion
- Combat Sambo Champion
- More than 200 combat sports matches
Demitri began his mixed martial arts journey practicing Tae Kwon Do and Wing Chun Kung-Fu in Canada over 20 years ago before moving to Taiwan. Since then, he has competed in MMA, Muay Thai, Boxing, Kick-boxing, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, grappling, Judo, and Sambo.
Demitri is also the Vice President of referees for CTMMAA, with over 100 fights refereed and judged. He assists and presents at MMA referee seminars educating the young talents of Taiwan. For overseas referee experience, he has worked for One FC in China and Legends FC in Macau.