The Art of 8 Limbs
Muay Thai Instruction
We are Taichung’s premier martial arts academy, and proud to be the FIRST professionally instructed MMA academy in Taichung, offering authentic Muay Thai. Founded in 2017.
We offer classes in English and Chinese for students of all skill levels and ages.
MUAY THAI – Age 13 and over
The “Art of Eight Limbs”.
Muay Thai is one of the most powerful and effective martial arts in the world. Muay Thai is an ancient martial art originating from Thailand developed over thousands of years. It’s known for its tremendous power, maximum efficiency, and sheer toughness. Muay Thai utilizes a beautiful melody of kicks, punches, knees, and elbows along with various clinch techniques. Known for its fluidity and grace and patience, it is often referred to as the “Art of Eight Limbs”.
Our Muay Thai program is designed to build a strong foundation in stand-up striking, and will improve his/her coordination, movement, timing, offence and defence. Students will also receive a comprehensive overview of all positions and techniques in the fundamental classes with a focus on proper technique and constant improvement. For advanced students, we will see to it that adequate instruction is given in our intermediate Muay Thai class so that we can take your techniques to the next level. Our Muay Thai classes are conducted in a safe and encouraging atmosphere, so don’t be shy and have fun!
- Learn the fundamentals of stand-up striking
- Improve coordination, movement, timing, speed and distance
- Focus on proper technique using all “8 limbs”
- Overview of all techniques and strikes from beginner to advanced
- Moderate to high intensity training sessions catered to the students ability.
- Comprehensive and in-depth work in the Clinch
- Detailed explanation of basic defensive and offensive principles.
- Physical and mental strengthening and conditioning.
Professional MMA Coach
Demitri Telfair is the founder and head coach of the Bear’s Den BJJ & MMA in Taichung City, Taiwan.
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt
- 5-0 professional MMA record
- Ranked #73 in the world at purple belt in 2017
- IBJJF Asian Open Gold Medalist, 2-time IBJJF Asian Open Silver Medalist, 2-time IBJJF Asian Open Bronze Medalist
- 4-time Pan Asian BJJ Champion
- 7-time Taiwan International BJJ Champion
- Combat Sambo Champion
- More than 200 combat sports matches
Demitri began his mixed martial arts journey practicing Tae Kwon Do and Wing Chun Kung-Fu in Canada over 20 years ago before moving to Taiwan. Since then, he has competed in MMA, Muay Thai, Boxing, Kick-boxing, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, grappling, Judo, and Sambo.
Demitri is also the Vice President of referees for CTMMAA, with over 100 fights refereed and judged. He assists and presents at MMA referee seminars educating the young talents of Taiwan. For overseas referee experience, he has worked for One FC in China and Legends FC in Macau.
Train with the best
CLASS SCHEDULE AND WORKING HOURS
ASK US ANYTHING
We can answer your questions in English or Chinese.
The Bear’s Den BJJ and MMA 熊派巴西柔術及MMA學院
B1-C, No. 447, Section 3, Wenxin Rd, Beitun District, Taichung City, 406
Phone: 0921 995 350